Howdy

Answer to [email protected]
General
OFF TOPIC RAMBLINGS
powered by

My Blog

Howdy

To start I suppose that I should let anyone reading know that this is my first time posting a blog and to keep that in mind as you go forward.

My office, Varnado Law Firm, has been around since the early 1990's when my father T.D. started it. It was first located on north Highway 49 in Orange Grove but quickly made its way to the Pass road location (about a mile from Biloxi/Gulfport line) that SO many people knew of and to this day probably still look for us there. After Katrina, like a lot of MS Coast residents things changed for us. The property that the office was located on was sold by my father and shortly after I relocated it near downtown Gulfport on the corner of 22nd St. and 25th Ave. (that is what Hwy 49 turns into close to downtown if you were not aware). After a couple of years and a brief move to an upstairs location in the building that was next to that office we have found a new home. Yes, alot of moving. Did I mention I HATE moving?

So we are now at 1616 25th Ave (remember thats Hwy 49 for all of you not paying attention) just north of the railroad tracks near downtown Gulfport. The main reason for this last move is simply because it is easy to find.  I had listened to all too many clients say how difficult it had been to find me in my previous office and I really hated to hear that.  Also this location is laid out in a way I like, there are NO stairs to climb! Now that may not seem like a big issue to most of you but for many of my clients (and my aching knees) having to climb stairs to reach me was annoying at least and downright impossible in some cases. Our door opens straight to the sidewalk now! Oh and how I do like that.

Let me say this though, the office is A WORK IN PROGRESS. There has been a considerable amount of work done to even get moved in and open but there is alot left to make it as presentable as it should be. This is going to take some time and I hope that the good folks here on the MS Coast can understand that and forgive me for any physical deficiencies present at the office right now.

Well stay tuned, I have an idea I may spend more time "blogging" here than I had anticipated. Just have to see. Fair warning though I do not plan on posting typical "lawyer jargon" or catch phrases here. Like I am in person, I expect to keep these writings "sugar-free". In other words no sugar coating the truth or glossing over just to make it pretty. I know I would not want an attorney I hired only telling me what I WANTED to hear... he better tell me what I NEED to hear! That I can promise I will always do.

I will leave you with something I have always liked, a quotation from Mark Twain; "If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything."

-Casey

9 Comments to Howdy:

Comments RSS
Heather Preston on Thursday, March 10, 2011 7:49 AM
I'm a little disappointed with the lack of res ipsa loquitors and parri pasus in the above post. But congrats on opening up the new office. I'm looking forward to more of your blogs.
Reply to comment

Casey Varnado on Thursday, March 10, 2011 9:30 PM
Thank you Heather. Yes, I think I will leave the latin phrases in Black's Legal Dictionary and keep this forum more laid back and hopefully, well, less intimidating to your average consumer. I think too many attorneys forget all too quickly what it is like NOT to understand "legalese" and how frustrating it feels to be spoken "over" rather than to. In that sense I want to provide a comfortable atmosphere for anyone looking into working with me. Regardless of whether they are browsing my website or stopping in at my office, I do not want people uncomfortable or intimidated. (Well, unless they are opposite me in the courtroom but that is an entirely different matter, lol.) -Casey

Tera Donnybrook on Saturday, July 30, 2011 8:37 PM
I am so proud of you and how far you have came and how well you are still doing. Thank you for all your help in my case.(even though it was a little differet than most of your cases). I am proud to call myself by the family name again (just keep thinking about it and it will come to you). Lol!!
Reply to comment

Tonda Haigler on Saturday, November 26, 2011 8:02 PM
A blog is something you update! Where are the updates! :) Luv ya, Tonda Keep up the good work! Proud of you!
Reply to comment

Casey Varnado on Saturday, November 26, 2011 8:51 PM
Yes, you are correct and I am properly chastised for my lack of updates. It seems that work and family always present their own set of ordeals that take priority. I will try in the near future to provide some updates to the blog. Thank you for the support. Hope everyone is doing well. -Casey
Reply to comment

Derek Reams on Tuesday, February 07, 2012 1:21 PM
I agree with the prior posts, where are the updates!! We all know you bankruptcy and criminal defense attorneys like to talk about yourselves so I thought I would see more recent stuff!!!
Reply to comment

DUI laws in PA on Monday, April 23, 2012 3:54 AM
Do you practice in DUI law in your state or can you recommend someone? Thanks!
Reply to comment

Casey R. Varnado on Monday, April 23, 2012 1:02 PM
S***dr***[email protected], Please reference the new blog entry labeled "DUI and Practice Areas" or call our office at 228-896-3374. Thanks, Casey Varnado

Aryan Marlon on Saturday, November 10, 2012 3:56 AM
Thanks for pretty effective allotment. As far as I came to know about your law office I'm so impressed and really impressed. Thanks
Reply to comment